Monday, May 2, 2011

My Mom's a Peach!

Gosh.  Words would never be able to put a face to a name when it comes to my Mom.  Don't even try to ask me to use just ONE word to describe her either!

Funny.  Confident.  Grounded.  Busy.  Caring.  Spitfire.  A little insane (I had to get it from somewhere).  Natural.  Experienced.  Passionate.

Want me to try one word?  Here goes.  My Mom is: theonewhoyoucallwhenyouneedtohearthetruthandneedthatmotherlyreassurance-andtheoneyouwantonyourteamwhenyouneedsomeonetofightthegoodcause.

And my Mom called me today to say she had (just HAD) to show me something for my Blog.  Huh?  OK - let's see what you got!



Less than 5 minutes later (remember, I said I live in a small town) she shows up with this thing.  Biggie Wiggie instantly begins to giggle like a little girl should giggle.  Me, I can barely see through onion-teary eyes but still try to give a good look at the prize she's got in her hand.

It was funny.  Honest to goodness funny.  And there we were, all 3 of use girls from 3 generations - laughing at this monstrosity clutched proudly in my Mother's hands.  And boy, was she proud!  Not only did she BUY this thing, but she took it home, embarrassed my Father with it and THEN carried it back across town to bring to me to photograph.  For my Blog.  Gosh, I love her!

So, here it is in all it's awkward, guilty-pleasured greatness.


Now can you see why we all giggled??  Thank goodness the funny farm is still a few hours away or they would have carted us all of.  I swear!


Laughter is healthy.  It makes you feel great, and even more so when you share it with someone else!


Even Loo Lee could not resist a few happy giggles.  She had to come and check out what the 'big kids' were all laughing at.  And at 4, I think she caught on pretty darned fast!  How could she not!


So next time you're at the grocery store, keep your eyes open (or closed if you embarrass easily).  You just never know what you'll find, and the crew that finds it just as funny as you do!

--The Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment