Thursday, January 5, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!



Well, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season filled with lots of great company and delicious foods!  I know I did, and I'm still feeling the effects of rich dinners and sweet treats!  Doesn't stop me from wanting more though!

So, been a bit quiet here in the past few months.  Sorry for that.  Life is just seeming to be so busy with work, school, kids and Mr. Hungry's new job.  Sucks, but when I look at the bigger picture - it's all for the greater good!

Ukranian Christmas is just around the corner and I'm still not sure what I will be making, but it will be tasty and probably have a bit of a 'Grandma' ring to it.  She was a wonderful cook, a great lady and one of the many I owe my love for cooking to.

So, in honour of her, of my Mom (who is still teaching me) and my Auntie Shar - I'm hoping to have something GREAT to share with you before long!

Got suggestions, just let me know!  I have plenty of time to research and plan the menu.  OK, not PLENTY (it is only a few days away you know) but I'm up for a challenge!

So, onto RESOLUTIONS.  I don't make resolutions.  I think it's too much pressure for one person to carry and can just build anxiety over time.  I mean, who wants to be a failure - because most people make up some crazy resolution they KNOW they can't keep.  And then when it's not followed through - they feel so bad about it.

So, no resolutions for me.  But I have plans.

1.  Be a better person.
2.  Be a better Mom.
3.  Be a better wife.
4.  Try new things.
5.  Blog more.

Happy New Year to you all!  May 2012 be the best year ever!  And may 2011 just f**k right off....because it was a wonder we all made it through the year here in our small town.

--The Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment