Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Cake Sale of All Cake Sales!

So, some of you may know that I'm on the Crime Stoppers board here in town.  I'm the Vice President and the Secretary. 

I wear both hats proudly as I think it's a worthy endeavor and worth the time.  And every year we host the No Host Bazaar.  Yes, sounds strange to me too, hosting a No Host.

But, it's fun and there are always loads of vendors sharing their wares and it's at a perfect time to get some holiday gifts!

This year, we each took on our own personal fund raiser, to raise funds for operating our non-profit organization that works to give people an anonymous means through which to report crime.  And sometimes get a reward too!

So, my fundraiser was all about cooking.  Baking, more specifically.  You know me - party planned and COOKING is all I can think about!



I planned a Cake Silent Auction.  Run just like any other silent auction, but the prize at the end was cake.  Glorious cake!  Who doesn't love cake, I say!  This year we worked extra hard on the advertising and even branching off into using Facebook to get the message across.

I was not surprised by our giving and caring town, when I accumulated over 25 cakes through my ads and talking to people around town - family, friends, people I never even met!! 

So, here in all their glory are the cakes that were donated!













































































































































































































And thanks to the bakers, and the bidders we raised more money than ever expected!!  This will become a yearly event I'm sure!  So ifyou missed out this year, look us up next year and either donate a cake or bid on a cake!!  It all goes to a really great group just trying to make our homes a little bit safer!

I know I enjoyed my cake - did you??

--The Cook

2 comments:

  1. Hey, lady, miss you on here! Hope you had a magnificent Christmas, looking forward to some blogging masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be back, for sure!

    Just trying to push through the holidays (too hard to blog recipes when so many people are around and the fact that it takes 3x as long to make a blog recipe as opposed to a regular recipe as the photos take a lot of time to prepare).

    I have a few more stored up though, and once I have time to put my feet on the ground - LOOK OUT!

    ReplyDelete