Saturday, December 3, 2011

Is it Too Late for Halloween?

Papa keeping all the Minions in line.

Easy to do when you've got
a knife in your hands!
OK.  I make plans.  I tend to follow through. 

Honest.  If I say I'm going to be there, I will be there.  Barring a horrible, unforeseen event. 

Or kids stuff.  I always put the kids first.

So, my intentions were to post our Halloween Pumpkins way-long ago. 

On Halloween, actually. 

But life kinda-sorta got away from me and it was not until today, when I downloaded my iPhone, that I realized that my photos from way-long ago were still on there.

Oops.  See - totally slipped my ever loving mind!

So, I'm sitting here now putting these photos on my blog and feeling a bit strange about it.

Halloween at nearly Christmas it is.





Quiet night tonight. 
 
Yeah, right. 

Two extra girls (who, by the way can SCREAM like someone has just slaughtered their favorite lamb before their eyes when being chased by the 'Tickle Monster' <AKA Mr. Hungry> for a sleep over for the weekend and said Mr. Hungry away at work) and toys are strewn from one end of our cozy house to the other.  I swear, it's like the giraffe at Toys R Us just puked in every room.
 
I thought to myself......'Self, you better get to blogging or the Followers are going to stage a mutiny' and that would mean that the cans of goods would get put back into the cupboard all willy-nilly and THAT would play with my OCD in a really bad way that would make me - no, FORCE me - open a bottle of red wine.

OK.  Let's be honest.  The kids are going to make me open a bottle of wine.  For real!  They will hold my hands upon the opener (or the twist cap - just depends on which bottle they pull from the cabinet for me) and MAKE me open it.  I love these kids!!
 
 So, here's to Halloween 33 days late.  But I'm never late.  So, here's to Halloween pictures just 20 days early for Christmas!


Don't say I never gave you anything!


Loo Lee looking like she wants to
put her hands into a pumpkin.
She does NOT.
She makes this face often.
Should I be worried?


Hello?  Anyone in there?
Papa creating the spiderweb.



Firey Face



Biggie Wiggie as a Devil
Loo Lee as a Vampire
Spider Web





  
Our family of pumpkins.
Our family of pumpkins by light.
Hope enjoy your late Halloween/early Christmas gift!

--The Cook

1 comment:

  1. You're lucky, I've called off the angry mob, you posted just in time ;)
    Thanks for the lovely pics of your beautiful family and their spooky pumpkin counterparts! Might have to stop by and help you finish a glass of that wine one of these days!

    ReplyDelete